Saturday 23 November 2013

Non-anonimity

The title of this blog is something of a statement about a change in policy in my online life. I've decided to start living under my own name... the reasons for this are simple enough. There are some things I care deeply about and I can't share and communicate successfully under a pseudonym anymore (despite said pseudonym's similarity to my actual name!)

There were also very good reasons in the past to be anonymous-
  • I was once a young impressionable teen and I was told to be online-safety conscious.
  • I was once a primary school teacher and I was told that being visible to my students was inadvisable.
  • I was once employed by a local authority and was responsible for telling students and staff those two things!
There was also once a time I wasn't so sure I wanted any one to hear my opinions. However things change and the time has come I think. The internet is turning some tides in social and community engagement and change and I want to be part of that. I currently have more idea of what is going on half way across the country than in my own back yard so I'm putting my flag on my map and I'd love to hear from anyone else who is working near me to creative positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment